The natural environment is a wonderful leveller; and can nurture and encourage even the most troubled of children and young people to take a step forward in beginning to connect with the world around them. Through evidence based theories and proven strategies and activities including Thrive, the Wild Minds team can support all settings with challenging and vulnerable children in order to help them engage in learning and to take ownership of their choices and behaviour. We can offer support in terms of INSET/Teacher training talks and workshops; as well as working with you to support children in crisis through environmental education and wellbeing activities which increase resilience and children’s ability to self-regulate. This can be in the form of training workshops for adults in your schools grounds or in a woodland site that Wild Minds has access to, or therapeutic natural activities delivered by us for your children or young people.
With over 19 years experience of working with young offenders, pupil referral units, providing social, emotional and mental health support for children in educational settings as well as being a qualified Thrive Practitioner, Wild Minds really can support you to engage those hard to reach pupils.
Utilising the Thrive software, assessments can be completed on an individual basis or throughout the whole school. The outcomes of these assessments define the programme of activities required to achieve the desired outcomes for your pupils. The data is tracked and can clearly show improvements in a child’s development. It can also be used to support EHCP applications and referrals.
Example Teacher sessions:
- Theory on challenging behaviour
- Up-to-date neurodiversity research
- Triggers and causes for dysregulated behaviour
- De-escalation and formulating/reviewing your own policies
- Self-regulation and the window of tolerance
- Why is no one listening to me? How to attune to children
Example pupil sessions:
- Sensory play
- How to cope with different emotions through art
- Learning to self-regulate through game play
A variety of packages are available to suit the needs and budget of your school and we can work with you to ensure that we provide the most appropriate support at an affordable price. Examples of the type of support we can provide include:
- 10 week programme of support in your setting
- 1 day a week support for the academic year
- Ad hoc support/training on a half day or whole day basis
Our standard prices can be found here.